Monday, February 11, 2008

Today

Well this morning I woke up and luckily had slept a bit better than the night before...why you ask? Because Taylor slept last night...when she sleeps, I sleep! Drew came and crawled in bed with his homework at 700am as he had to bring it to school today and we whizzed through it. He is a clever boy and loves learning the new letters and numbers. I can't believe that he can read stuff now too! It was like one day he couldn't tell one letter from another apart and the next day he was reading to me! So far he's read a few pages of "The Cat in the Hat" so we'll have to finish that one. My first book I ever read all by myself was "Green Eggs and Ham"...classic Dr. Seuss!

So he got on the bus in time and can I just say that I hate making lunches. Does anybody else? I remember my mom always made us lunch up until highschool when we would usually buy our lunches...how did she do it? I can barely stand to make my son's lunch and he's only in kindergarten! AH...I have so far to go! Does anybody else hate this? Poor Sean never gets one...yes I'm that wife!

So I got the other two kids together and went to the gym, hoping to make a pump class but missed out by 15 min so I just did my usual circuit and ran for half an hour. I'm hoping to lose some serious weight for the summer so this will probably be a daily routine for me. The good thing is that I love my gym and the babysitting is great and the kids love to go so that makes me all the more excited to go everyday!

When we stepped outside to go home for lunch though the wind hit us like a sheet of ice. It is now cold here! The snow has been crazy but the temperature has been teetering around +1 degrees so it's not too bad...now it's -12 and colder with the wind and it sucks! I thought this was going to stay in Calgary all winter! Anyway, it was nice to go home and be warm!

After talking with my mom today I decided it's time to de-clutter all my closets and get rid of the extra clothes hanging around the house. I think I'll take a picture once I have all the clothes that I'm getting rid of because it's going to be ridiculous! I just did mine and Sean's closets and already I feel SO much better. The boys clothes will take some time and I think I'll keep all of Taylor's clothes for now. I'm trying to get away from the feeling of keeping clothes around because I might fit into them one day...but let's be honest...don't we all just want to go shopping once we lose weight? I don't want to pull some old shirt or sweater out of a pile covered in dust...I want something brand spanking new!

Valentine's Day is coming up and we've decided to go out to the usual...dinner and a movie! Anybody seen any movies lately worth seeing? I was thinking Fool's Gold or Jumper...

6 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

i HATE making lunches. and it always seems to be the last thing we do in the morning as a last thought. you think i'd just make it the night before and not worry about it in the morning, but no. i don't make jimmy's lunch either. you're not alone ;)

Jeni said...

fools gold got 1 star in the people mag.. just so you know, BUt I think I will still see it.
Ya I am bad enough at making my own luncH, I dont know how I will make a family lunch!
and last, DECLUTTERING is the best ever. I love it. we go through our closet with each new season and get rid of sooo many things. Brian is really good at it and donateing everyting so he has gotten me totally into it. I saw if I hadn't worn it all season, it is gone cuase by next it will be out of style and I will want more anyway. mmm you just made me want to go declutter that closet!
sorry it is so cold there. it is 70 here today!

Lynne said...

Can't wait to have Drew read for me in just a few weeks. Do you think Tay will be on her feet by then?

Emily S said...

Yea I've only heard crappy things about fools gold, I really wanted to see it though.
I still want to see Juno, I only hear good things about that movie.

Heather said...

I'm with you on the lunch thing it is stinky! I didn't know Drew was in Kindergarten - Brooks doesn't start until the fall. Crazy. They have that February cut off or something don't they?

Julie said...

I don't mind the lunch thing. My mom was such a crappy lunch maker that I vowed to do better with my kids! I also stick a note in it for Jackson from time to time. He likes that...even though I think it does embarrass him a bit. As for not making one for Sean and being THAT wife...making lunch for the hubbies is a completely different story. I NEVER do that. I figure TJ is an adult person and can make his own darn lunch! See, I'm THAT wife too. Hehehe. Sounds like you're doing good!