Thursday, February 21, 2008

Loving every minute of it!

Well once again I'm home alone without Sean and figured I might as well come and talk about my day with...well myself I guess, just hoping somebody reads about it!
As I'm trying to get my finger to heal I keep bumping it on things and opening up my wound. Each time it does that I feel a bit of pressure release but then it kills afterwards for awhile. Today it hurts worse than yesterday, hopefully it's not getting infected. Man...that dang pointer finger...it needs to be everywhere!

Today I felt the sudden urge to shop so I took the kids to Old Navy. I seriously have the best shoppers for kids...they are so patient and come and try stuff on with me...while I was in the dressing room Drew insisted on trying on his socks that we were getting for him to make sure they fit! They had a killer sale on kids clothes today so Taylor got some cute stuff. I've decided to stop buying things for the boys since Drew doesn't grow that fast these days and Brayden gets all of Drew's old stuff anyway. After cleaning out my closets I just can't bring myself to buy many things for the kids, well other than my princess I guess...but she doesn't have anything as she grows out of her things so it's fair!

We just hung out at home for the rest of the day. Taylor practiced walking around and let me just say that she is getting SO much better. She still walks around like she is sleep walking with her arms out in front of her but it's just so crazy to turn around and see her walking around rather than crawling. She also loves to take things out of drawers, or anything for that matter. Are there things that you constantly clean up everyday over and over again? For me it's two things in my kitchen...my cupboard to the baking sheets and cookie cutters and my cooking utensil drawer. Taylor empties these two places many times during the day, usually if I'm in the kitchen cooking because she likes to be there with me. I've just decided that they belong to her and she can play with them as long as she wants. It's just so funny, literally every utensil comes out and she just chucks it behind her with no cares. Today I turned around when she was done the drawer she went into the pantry and emptied the box of popcorn...luckily it wasn't open kernels, just bags...but still they were everywhere! She does it to my laundry too...if she sees a laundry basket or the washer open she will empty it. Why is that? I'll look forward to the time when she starts to put them back when she's done!

Tonight we bonded as girls! She always gets to stay up longer than the boys and we get our time together. She is very bossy though and whenever I put her down on the floor from the couch she would immediately squawk at me. She just wanted to chill on the couch with me and roll around. She finally ended up with her head resting on my chest and babbling about this and that...it was so cute and I told her that I hoped she never grows up. I can only hope that she grows up and has the relationship that I have with my mom but right now I feel like it is so far away, there are so many mistakes I could make, I figured it will be easier if she just stays a baby so we can cuddle and laugh at each other and give kisses. So that is the plan! When I was just barely pregnant with her we weren't sure if the pregnancy was going to go forward or not and Sean gave me a blessing and said that "this baby would fill our home with a special spirit". That has definitely come true and she has that special spirit. A true angel!


Something else I have to document is the pitter patter of feet that I hear EVERY single night at around 930pm. No it's not what you critter fearing people are thinking...trust me I wouldn't even be able to blog about that...it's my little Brayden. Every night at about that time I'm downstairs watching tv and I hear him come into the hallway upstairs, half asleep, doing his "peepy dance" as we call it. He goes back and forth between feet incredibly fast and waits for someone to come and show him to the bathroom. Usually he's only got his pajama top on but tonight he was fully clothed. Anyway, you guide him into the bathroom, he does his deed and like a zombie walks right back to bed. It's hilarious actually and so cute! Sean had never seen it happen and I talk about it all the time, so last night he saw it first hand and we couldn't stop laughing...it was so cute!

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

hahha i love the peepee dance. they're just too funny! taylor looks like such a happy and sweet girl!!

Jeni said...

ohhhhhhh I loved catching up on this lib, Tay is so sweet. YOu are so blessed to have her little spirit in your home!

Heather Palmer said...

I love girl time too. It's fun! Tay is so cute I can't believe how big she is getting. And B's peepee dance sounds so funny! Cute that he just dances and waits.
Hope your finger gets feeling better!

saltysista said...

Melia LOVES to take out my baking sheets too! I finally moved them b/c she made so much noise! But she actually starting putting them back in so that was cool. Taylor is so beautiful and sweet! I can't wait to see her again! Loved reading about you day too.

Julie said...

oh my goodness...you've been a bloggin fool! I love your thoughts about the relationship you have with Taylor. I feel the same way about my girls and I hope that we have a good relationship like I do with my mom too. You're the best Libs. You make me want to be a better mommy!