I love this next picture...the perfect plumber shot! I just got her these new jeans from Old Navy that I thought would be too big for her but she fits them perfectly and they are so cute, kind of low rider!
This is after she ate her pizza pop at lunch...loved every minute of it!
This was taken at Christmas when we were back in Calgary, on a day when surprisingly none of us were sick! It turned out pretty good I think don't you? Brayden looks so suave!
So we just had our family home evening and decided to write letters to great grandma Chloe who lives in Lethbridge. The kids haven't seen her for 6 months since we moved from Alberta and she isn't doing too well health wise so we thought some words of love would cheer her up! Drew wrote most of his letter all by himself and Brayden mostly traced his name with some scribbling but had some words of endearment too. I remember having family home evenings in my house growing up when we would write letters to grandparents and they are very fond memories. Now that the computer is so useful I never write letters on paper anymore but I forget that people 50 years older than me don't use them usually so actual mail is still popular! We also try to sing a new song out of the primary songbook for family home evening because I feel that these days kids learn the basic songs (aka I am a Child of God) and don't learn any of the classics that I learned as a kid. I'm hoping to teach them as many as I know so that they can sing their kids to bed like I do. The boys have a cd with the primary songs on it that they listen to every night as they fall asleep and now they can recognize new songs when we learn them. One thing that I love about our belief system is the importance of families. We truly bond as a family even though some Monday's are crazy...who am I kidding, they always are! Even still, I know that the kids will remember Monday's in our home as family time and as they get older will look forward to them. Even tonight Drew said "This family home evening was a great idea mom!" so that was fulfilling!
I also came across Sean's mission journal last night and we read a few excerpts from it. Most of it was of his time in the Mission Training Center and how he gained a testimony of Jesus Christ and tried to get rid of his feelings for me. The first letter that he received in the MTC was from me! I thought that was cool to learn! We really developed a special relationship while he was on his mission through letter writing. It's fun to look back on the letters that he kept and read about our feelings at the time. We grew to love eachother a different way then we thought we had loved eachother before he left.
The last entry was from the day that we got engaged, which was the same day I was supposed to leave for Utah to go back to school. August 1, 2000! I remember that it was in a park, we were just sitting on the grass...but in his journal he writes that it was Park 96...ha ha...hilarious! So that's the story, we got engaged in Park 96 in Calgary! Very casual, but very memorable!
Well Taylor is emptying out my desk drawers behind me and I'm practically stuck where I am so I have to go!

5 comments:
your family pic looks good lib. I loved family night growing up, I have to teach the rawlins the home evening songs too, no one else knows them it seems.
your family picture turned out great! what great traditions you have. i'd love to sing to my kids but i think id' give them nightmares ;)
very cute FHE idea! I always wonder about what exciting things I'll be able to do for my family.
That's so fun looking back at your relationship when it was new and fresh! I always read over old diary entries haha.
Very nice family picture. You all look fabulous! What a fun time to look back at your relationship with Sean. I love looking back at the emails that TJ and I would write each other when we were dating. Fun times.
Your family pic does look great. That was cool to read about how you were engaged and all that. Thanks for sharing. What is a pizza pop?
Post a Comment