Monday, September 03, 2007

Finally a real beach!

beach and ferry

Well I feel inclined to write tonight since that's all I can do. I've lost my voice and writing is my only outlet! I've also realized how much I yell at my kids because I haven't been able to do it today...wow...what a way to learn patience! Anyway...my throat is sore and red (Sean says) and hopefully it's not strep! I just ran to the store to pick up medicine for Drew's ear...he woke up tonight crying with his first ear infection...poor guy...Brayden woke up coughing so hopefully he won't get what I have...actually I think my kids gave this virus to me...lovely!

Well on to happier news...Saturday Sean and I decided to find a beach to play at. We were going to drive to Picton (1 1/2 hours away) but I had heard recently that on Wolfe Island across the water from us there is a beach that you have to walk about 1.5km to, but worth the walk. So we went there! Closer I thought and I've been wanting to go to Wolfe Island since being here so it was awesome!

The Ferry was fun for the boys and it was refreshing to get out on the water. When we got across we went to the Wolfe Island Bakery (yum!) for some sandwhiches to bring to the beach and some other monstrousities! Once we got to the place to park it was about a 20-30 min walk through nature before we got there.

The beach was beautiful and there weren't very many people there at all. We had a great time and will definitely go back!

Sunday was laid back, went to a BBQ of some friends and the kids got to go for a tractor ride and pick fresh tomatoes!

Today I went grocery shopping for my weekly list of food. I hooked up with a Nutritionalist at the gym and she put me on a 6 week plan with meal plans and recipes. So every week it gives me my shopping list and I think that's the longest I've ever spent grocery shopping...it's so much easier to just shop by going aisle by aisle and picking out what you feel like...not so picky! Anyway, the produce kinda sucked tonight so I might have to finish my list tomorrow but I'm excited! The plan is to get me into nutritious food and learn how to cook and live that way. It's great, I've almost lost 15lb and I feel a TON better since starting over a month ago. It's all about calories ladies! Trust me, I hated trying to count calories before starting this but now it's no big deal, just a way of life!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh it looks sooo fun lib! You look great too. I can tell in your face the 15!!
2 more weeks!! YIPEE!!

Heather Palmer said...

Go libby!! Gannon took a nutrition class last year and we totally got into the calorie counting mode. I've used the website www.myfitnesspal.com to count mine and keep track of my progress. It's such a hard transition...and I hate cooking so not being able to just grab tortillas and pasta when I shop has been hard! But...well worth it once the results start so show! Keep up the good work. You are so dedicated!! Glad you guys got to find a fun beach to play at!!

Lynne said...

looks like you had fun n the sun!!and you look great!:)

Fernandez Family said...

You look so good Libby. Thanks for the little bit of motivation. It was great again to see Kingston - jealous that you have a beach and so much new world to discover. I love that you used the words obscene and monstrousities and in description of baked goods no less!

Julie said...

You do look really great! I just started Weight Watchers and am going through the eating healthy adjustment. If only we could all eat what we want when we want and stay thin! Anyways, looks like you guys had a great time!

The RC Miller Clan said...

15 lbs! way to go libs! I'm so proud of you. Keep at er! Did you read my post about the nut snack? Oh wait, I forgot...you don't read my blog anymore cuz I grossed you out! well, you should you know! he ha ha