Friday, August 24, 2007

ooh the smells of food:)

So I've been resisting the food that I"m making all morning...choco chip cookies, tuxedo brownies, chili cheese dip...why does food have to smell so good! Well the past 3 weeks have paid off so far...I've lost 11.6 pounds which is great! Only 30 more to go! I've just come to terms that things will be slow but that it'll happen if I challenge myself everyday!
I've kind of disconnected with food actually, it doesn't tempt me too much anymore...I just look at it as a thing...like this morning when I was baking I was looking at it as a job and wanting to see the result at the end rather than tasting it...besides that's what my boys are for...Drew loved the velveeta and choco chip cookie dough for me...it's fabulous!


I finally got my basement organized for my kids...all the toys are organized and carpets layed out for them to play and since doing that yesterday they have been downstairs constantly...it's awesome!


There was a huge thunder storm last night and in the middle of the night Drew and Brayden both creeped into my room a little scared I think...The bed was all theirs though since Sean was working last night...I love sleeping with them...there is just something about that:) Now this morning it is incredibly humid outside and hot...hopefully it'll stay that way for the get together we're having tonight with some friends.


I'm on the road to brown...my hair was just way too blonde and the roots were ridiculous so the other day I finally found a stylist to go to and she was awesome! My hair isn't as dark as I want it eventually (which still isn't too dark) but she basically did a strawberry brown? if that makes sense...anyway looks totally natural and brings out my red...it's subtle this first time as we're trying to get that bleach out...but it looks sooooo much better...pictures to come soon...my camera battery ran out!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Go Libby on the weight thing! I still have 10 to go, I've been holding onto it forever! It just wants to stay I think. I have toned up a ton so it isn't just flab, but man if I could just get rid of it. I just am not good at the food thing, I don't eat crap I'm just disciplined with it! Anyway, keep up the good work!!!!

Lynne said...

I love the color of your hair!! Can't wait to see nore pictures. Also blog some pictures of the basement. I'd love to see it.
Miss you guys!! Have fun tonight!

saltysista said...

What are you talking about slow? Almost 12 pounds in less than a month is super quick! That is awesome. You will reach your goal in no time. I LOVE your hair!

Jeni said...

Oh pretty - I love you dark. MOm and I were actually just looking at a pic of you with SUPER dark hair, when bri was born and you look so good!
I know about that food, it sounds sooo good! That is what Garrett is for for me.

Jeni said...

NOW i am tot craving those. thanks!

Fernandez Family said...

I'm so glad I read your blog this morning! I have to make cookies this morning and then something again tomorrow for nursery snack! Your blog is total motivation for me to keep my hands out of the cookie dough! Your hair is awesome. I've been thinking of lightening up - us girls - changing constantly!

Julie said...

Love the hair, congrats on the weight loss. I'm starting Weight Watchers next week. Us Millers have a serious food problem though. Nice look on your blog! I like it.

Heather Palmer said...

Don't you love finding a good stylist! They are few and far between I find. Anyway...I admire your will power! The smells get me and i'm like "I'll just resist tomorrow by not making them again." Nice motto. Duh. Not helping myself. So thanks for the motivation! Keep reminding me k?! Honestly..it's good to read about progress since I'm not having any! Lol.

Heather Palmer said...

PS! Tay is a freaking doll!!!Honestly that smile - so cute!!!

The RC Miller Clan said...

Hey, one thing that rick told me is that hey the weight or change in your body didn't happen overnight so don't expect it to dissapear overnight either. Kinda puts it into perspective. Also makes you feel a bit better and not get down on yourself if in the morning when you wake up or the moment your done your workout you haven't lost an inch or are a pound lighter....whatever...you know!

The Adamson's said...

Thats great on your weight loss. I just got off the phone with Robin and I told her i was going to leave a comment on your blog asking you to email me your workout routine and what you eat. It's working for you maybe it will work for me. Seriously if you would that would be great. Taylor is so cute, so are your boys, but she is just a doll and her cute smile. My email address is martinkeely@hotmail.com