Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Okay mom!




condo

Well I'm getting in trouble from mom for not posting so here I am! I always feel like I have nothing to say these days but I guess I don't talk to everybody so I'm the only one that knows what is going on right?


Let me think...we've almost been here for 3 weeks now and it's starting to feel like home...do I really want to move? Oh wait...let me think about that one again! As far as the condo is concerned YES...but we absolutely LOVE Kingston! I'm getting to know my way around and I'm not so turned around every time I turn down a different street! I've realized that people from Ontario don't stop for pedestrians here...I walked up to the store the other day with the kids and literally had to wait to cross the street for 5 min...seriously...I had no stroller and the boys were holding hands and I was holding Taylor in one arm with Drew's backpack in the other arm (of course he insisted he bring it only to give it to me 10 min later) and Brayden's Diego backpack in my armpit...waiting for somebody to stop. You don't even want to move out a little bit into the street because you don't know if someone will stop as your crossing! Anyway...so later that day I'm driving Sean to the hospital and I'm venting to him about this whole experience as I see a pedestrian. She is waiting on the side of the street to cross so as a native Albertan I stop...only to soon understand why people here don't stop! She wouldn't cross! She was like waiting for something else...don't know what but she would not take me up on my gesture...so forget that! Won't be stopping anymore...I guess I learned to fit in quickly!


So last week was the weekend of the Buskers here in town! If anybody doesn't know what those are it's like the traveling circus performers. They perform on the streets downtown for 4 days straight and rely on people's loose change for money. We headed down to check it out...one of the days on the weekend was raining all day so unfortunatley that left us indoors...but the kids met Band-aid the clown and gave him WAY too much money but through it down the tube before I could say anything about it...they had fun though...Drew kept asking to "see more Buskers" that day he was pretty excited about it. Next year we'll plan our weekend better to check it out a little bit better. They shut down like 3 blocks downtown for them to perform though so it's a big deal!

Monday we met with our lawyer to sign the papers for our new house and pay up! That must have been the largest cheque I've ever written...can't wait to see what it is getting me! So we got into our place and had some pleasant surprises! I'm just glad that it held up and was everything I dreamed it to be after not seeing it for 3 months since we bought it! The previous owners had taken all their appliances with them and so we have had to buy all new ones...but as we walked into the kitchen they had left the over the range microwave! Woo hoo...that just allowed me to get blinds for the windows that have green, blue and purple ones on them! The painters got started today and as I was leaving this morning I saw some of the color on the wall and I'm very pleased...can't wait to see the finished product! I'll have to take some pics tomorrow as it's coming together! So appliances are delivered Thursday, carpets cleaned Friday and we move in Sunday! My sweet mom is arriving Sunday as well and I'm so glad she's coming to help me move into my kitchen! Mom's are so good at deciding what goes in what cupboards...there will be SO much to do but I"m hoping that unpacking goes smoother than packing...does anybody have thoughts? Maybe it won't as I'll probably want to declutter some more!

Anyway...the kids are still having fun no matter where we are...they of course can have a jolly old time playing with a cooler...as I've seen my kids do the past few days! They might have a heart attack seeing all their old toys come out of boxes next week!

Well I'm sitting here in the dark, Sean is on call tonight and I have a quiet house all to myself. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy my time alone...I just love to sit at my computer and listen to my music and reflect and browse the net for the latest and greatest...currently it's office desks as I have no idea what I'm going to do about my study yet. I guess I'm the perfect person to be married to a busy resident as I don't mind my time alone!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

NIce potty on the couch.. YUM!
That is sooo funny... Those Buskers look sooo cool - i WANT TO COME NEXT YEAR!

Lynne said...

Thank you for those wonderful pictures. I miss the kids so much.(And you too) It looks like a cute town. Can't wait to see it. and your newly painted house of course. Love you guys

Miller Time said...

looks like you guys are having fun getting to know your new city. I know you can't wait to get into your house. I can't wait to see pictures once you get moved in.

Alysha Sladek said...

good luck with the move. how wonderful your mom is coming - she'll be awesome to have help. Mom's do have a way with knowing exactly where things should go in the kitchen!! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished house!

Heather Palmer said...

Don't you love how kids have to bring everything...and even though they promise to carry it...you always end up with it? What can you do eh? Sorry about your pedestrian experience. I'm glad you are getting settled...it will be so nice to be unpacked and have all your appliances in. I can't wait to see pictures of the house!! And glad your mom is coming to help..my mom totally unpacked my kitchen. I wonder someday...will I have the same "unpacking" knowledge to help my kids with their kitchens?? I don't know! :)
Anyway...cute pictures of the "Buskers." I've never heard of them before..looks like so much fun!!

Kearl Klan said...

Sounds like you are going to enjoy your new experience. It sounds like it is quite the change too, but what a great experience at the same time. I am glad you can make the house yours, even if it is something as simple as painting the walls, what a difference it makes!!