Sunday, June 24, 2007

The end

we made it

Well I just realized that I hadn't updated since our trip ended so I'll do a quick recap!

We made it to Green Bay, WI and stayed with my aunt for a couple of nights which was fun! Green Bay wasn't so bad...had some pretty spots...and gorgeous homes on the water for the price you could buy a house in Tanglewood...crazy! Bonnie took us to a place called "The Farm" which was a cool farm that looked like it was straight out of Charlotte's Web. The kids got to feed the piglets and baby goats from baby bottles...so cute! The for lunch we took in a little street side ice cream shop that also sold a few items of food and we ended up buying grilled pb & j with chips in the middle! So good!

The next day we made it up to Julie and TJ's (my cousin) for the night and had so much fun! Thanks Julie for your hospitality...seriously the kids had so much fun and it was so nice to chillax and take a night to relax with family.

The next night we made it to Kitchener, ON for the night which wasn't anything much...and drove on to Toronto to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch before heading into Kingston. What a trip! It was so much fun and our family has already bonded much more than ever! We made it to our condo which is VERY interesting...let's just say I'm glad I'm not living there for more than 3 weeks! Not sure what is living in the carpet! We have driven past our house a few times just WAITING to move in...we're really excited to say the least! Sean is ready to get going at the Hospital when we get back (from South Carolina where we are right now) and already has a busy call schedule set up for the month of July. I guess I better get ready for a lot of nights alone...

Myrtle Beach is amazing and the water is 80 degrees...I love it here, by far my favourite beach vacation spot in the United States...anyone hasn't been here before? It's the hot spot in the east. I've never seen so many mini golf places in my life...and they take mini golf here very seriously!

Crazy month so far and just more to come! I'll be back!

4 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Sounds like you've had quite the adventure on your giant road trip. I would love to hit Myrtal beach...hearing your raving about it makes me want to visit so badly!! I hope you guys have fun. BTW...I about DIED when I read your comment about Drew and Madi "in the future" on my blog. I'm honestly still recovering from that.haha

Julie said...

I'm glad you made it to Kingston and then on to Myrtle. You'd better be getting your mini-golf on while you're there. Enjoy your vacation and thanks again for stopping by. It was great to see you guys.

Heather said...

Wow, you have had quite an adventure. I can't wait to see pictures of your house, once you are really settled. I'm glad your car trip went well.

Krissy Marshall said...

I don't know how you can drive cross country with 3 kids and still survive. perhaps it's just my HATERED for driving thats talking. Good to hear that you've made it!!