Friday, September 29, 2006

Need my sleep

So I decided that I'm the crabbiest person if I don't get enough sleep! I feel like all I've been doing this morning is yelling at my kids! I think I need to get off this computer for awhile and tidy up my house...usually a messy house makes me irritated on top of everything else!

I just noticed that it's been a week since I posted and I"m the worst for remembering what I did all week but I'll try! My camera is in the car and of course I'm too lazy to go and get it so the pictures will have to wait (if there are any on there).

Last Saturday we went to the Drumheller Dinosaur museum and the boys had a blast! We were only there for a couple of hours since the exhibits aren't as exciting to the kids as they were to us since we could read what they were about, but they loved seeing the bones and climbing their way up the 6 stories to the mouth of T-Rex where they could see all of the city of Drumheller. It was pretty cool. That night was the Genearl Relief Society broadcast at the church and was really inspiring! I appreciate the fact that President Hinckley acknowledges that food storage will not be very tasty but it will work when we need it!

Sunday was the usual day at church with Brayden having a breakdown in the car on the way there. Once they get into their nurseries they are great is works out for us so we can get something out of our class. I had to sub in the primary and do the music (chorister). Everytime I'm in their I remember how much I appreciate the teachers who spend 2 hours teaching the kids and being without adults!

Sean started Anesthesia on Monday and he'll be doing that for 2 weeks. It's the most slack rotation so far becuase he doesn't have to be on call. Yesterday he got home at noon which was crazy! The Anesthetists have been the snobbiest so far that he's worked with!

I've had a couple of companies in to give me quotes on re-doing my closets upstairs since the boys are sharing a room now. The two quotes ranged from $1650-2100! I knew there was something out there that could beat that so on Wednesday I had my in-laws come over for the afternoon so that I could go and shop. After a few stores I found the perfect solution. At Ikea I bought a $8 clothes rack that is half the size of the one in the clost so it sits just underneath Drew's hanging clothes. Then I put the dresser in their bedroom rather than the closet and it actually fits quite nicely and allows some space for some picture frames and stuff.
Then in the nursery I bought a $6 hanging rod that hangs below the upper rod for about 1/2 of the closet and put a shorter dresser in the closet so that the 2 rows would fit (hopefully this all makes sense)...to make a confusing story make sense...I ended up spending like 20 bucks for exactly what I needed and can't beleive I even thought about spending $1000! I'm not usually the bargain shopper so this is surprising for me but I'm very proud of myself!

Drew went to the Dentist yesterday and did awesome! He even sat for a minute of fleuride! I got a picture of that it's pretty cute! Last night we went and had some pizza with Jen and Ryan over in Mackenzie Town where they just moved. They have a cute place with a HUGE back yard. It was fun to just chill and chow down on some yummy pizza! I decided that pizza is the yummiest food when you're starving!

And now I'm back to last night where I got no sleep! I went to bed wtih a killer 10 migraine and the boys were up at 5:30 and so I was up at 6:30...I'm falling asleep as I sit here...maybe i'll go and get the camera in a few and finally post something!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...we bit the bullet and hired a cleaning lady to come every other Saturday! She does my mom's house and does a great job so it should go loverly! I honestly like cleaning, just not deep cleaning...since it randomly happens I figured it needed to happen more often...Here's to Betty!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh sleep... I want that right now. I have been up all day and my feet kill! I dont have little ones to wake me up though! I just ate alot of food and that makes me even more tired. AHHHH sleep.

Julie said...

Nice on the Ikea purchases. I'm not a bargain shopper either so when I get a good deal I feel really fancy about it too! As for Betty--you so suck! I so wish I had a cleaning lady! And yes, President Hinckley acknowledging nasty food storage food was hilarious!

Krissy Marshall said...

Cleaning lady...NICE. Perhaps I'll work on Jeff and get one myself (He'd never have it unless I was working from home & had 2 kids, plus one on the way)