Well we all made it here safe and sound last night! A long day of flights, happy kids, crying kids and puking kids! Of course a flight with kids just wouldn't be the same if they don't throw up on one of them right? Drew was fine until the second flight on the descent. He looked at me and turned white...like a ghost and I just knew what was going to happen. I couldn't find the stupid baggy that they so conveniently hide so that it's not easy to access when needed! So Drew ended up puking all over himself and the seat just as we were landing in Dallas. So we took his clothes off and wrapped him up in a blanket and threw him in the stroller. Poor guy!
Last night Jeni and Brian took us to a cool restaurant called "The Rainforest Cafe" in the mall. There were elephants, crocodiles, and monkeys swinging from the rafters and the whole ceiling and walls are covered in rainforest trees and leaves. It sounds like one too. I can't quite explain and of course I didn't have my camera, left it in the car! Jeni took some cute photos though so hopeully I can get those to post.
The kids were so excited to see Nini's new house as was I and had a fun time running around and getting worked up for bed. Her house is so cute and I"m so excited for her. Mom and her have done a great job decorating and I decided that Mom needs to help me the next time I move...nice taste for decorating!
This morning we got the work all settled so that I can work and edit from down here and now its working so we're happy about that! Me, B (sleeping) and Drew are all hanging out here until Jeni and Mom get back from an errand and then we'll probably go to lunch and do something fun today...Science Centre I think? Anyway...We're alive and kicking down here (along with Ms Pink in my belly) and having fun! I love holidays!
Oh ya...can I just say that it is sad that Crocodile Hunter died...but seriously...wasn't it just inevitable that one day that would happen? The world is acting so shocked but this guy has been risking his life for the past 20 years...how is this a shock that he got killed by one of these deadly creatures that he hangs out with 24/7? Sad though!
7 comments:
Okay...I totally just wrote the same thing about the Croc Hunter! Crikey! I'm in complete agreeance...I'm amazed it didn't happen sooner. Though...very surprised it was at the hand (or stinger) of a Sting Ray...not usually a dangerous animal...unless you are tormenting it...
Ok, first I like your hair from the last blog. and second, I have been to the Rainforest Cafe in Vegas. It is really cool. Take lots of pictures of Jeni's house. I would love to see it.
SS
Rainforest is cool, we went there in Florida. I conquer with you and Heather about croc man. It's just like grizzly man who tried to live with the grizzlies and ended up dinner. Have fun in Texas!
Libby
It was great to see you the other day. Yes the news about good old Steve Irwin is sad, you should see the Aussie side of our family, they are devestated...he was a national icon. We were looking forward to meeting him on our trip to Australia next month. Too late!
Julie and Ethan
Fun you're in TX. Tell Jeni 'hi'. Actually, maybe I'll just check out her blog. I'm so sad about Steve Irwin. I think its so devastating that he died in such a freak accident. When I told Jackson that he had died he asked me if he got eaten by a crocodile. I told him that I could see how he would think that but no, and then I explained. Anyways, I'm so sad for his family and I think the world is so shocked because he almost became invinsible. He dodged death so many times before so to die now, like that is really sad. :( Anyways, enough of that. Have fun with your sister! Sorry about the puke. :(
Glad you having fun! Sorry about the puke incident on the plane! That sucks but at least it was at the end of the trip not the start! The whole Croc thing is sad! He sort of seemed invinsible in a crazy way so to die from a "non deadly" animal is just a freakish thing! Anyway, I loved his crazy outlook on life! He'll be missed! I feel most sorry for his family! Poor wife and kids! That would suck!
Glad you are having fun in Big D and are suriving the extreme heat of Texas. Give a litle pat to Ms. Pink for us...cute. it is so sad about the Croc hunter but I never expected him to actually get killed. I mean especially not by a sting ray! Dan caught one of those exact things in Fiji...I am glad we aren't spear fishing there anymore!!
Post a Comment