So Drew, Sean and I were downstairs this afternoon just napping and chillin watchin tv when I hear Brayden's door open upstairs...He can get out of his crib! This is way too young for me! I don't think Drew even tried until he was 2...I guess Brayden is 2 in November so he's close...just a few too many months earlier than I was expecting! I'm hoping he doesn't think it's really cool to escape and hopefully he won't use it as a game, but only a means to get out of bed in the morning and at nap time.
Last night we were offered tickets to the Stamps game but I was feeling really crappy yesterday including excessive throbbing from my cyst so I was not into being outside all night for the game I don't really care too much for! So instead we went out to dinner at "Outback" with my parents and had a great meal. My last experience at Outback was nothing to talk about so this was a nice change. I had the juiciest filet I've every had I think and an awesome potato. I might just sign up to go there again soon!
Sean and I have discovered our favourite new treat from DQ. This might gross some of you out but it makes us laugh. The other day I got a cherry sundae from DQ and LOVED it...Sean tried it and loved it too...but it reminded me of something that I couldn't quite put my finger on...and then it hit me...blood clots! Gross I know but we laugh about it...and they're divine to eat! So last night I turned to Sean when we left Outback and said "Do you know what I'm thinking?" Sean: "Blood clots!"...Nice! They were yum as always!
Drew is getting awesome at casting his fishing rod. Tonight after dinner we spent some time out on the deck casting his fish into the trampoline across the yard. He's getting some good technique down, it might be time to take him fishing again!
Not much planned this week...Sean has a golf tournament tomorrow and then leaves for Raymond...not sure yet if he'll be able to come home for any of the weekends but we're hoping of course! Only 3 weeks until Texas! I'm hoping that all the craziness will have settled down at the airports by the time we travel. I heard about somebody who flew home the other day from London and they weren't even allowed to take a book on board. Only a baggy with their passports inside! I might have a breakdown (my kids too) if we can't bring the DVD player on board for both flights! AH...oh well, I guess no kids will have anything so mine won't be the only ones completely bored out of their minds and probably screaming at eachother!
7 comments:
I read your blog thinking that the cherry bliz might be a pregnancy craving...but if Sean agrees that its worth it...we might just have to try! You know, with a blind fold - i'm not good with blood, or anything looking like it! Super pictures of your boys - they are adorable and so boy! Hope to play with you guys again soon!
OK my FAV sunday is cherries with the HARD chocolate.. try that next time! those make for real good clots!
Mmmm, Blood clots sound yummy. That sux about the airplane. On one hand what the heck do the kids do to stay entertained? But on the other...I guess there is a reason for it. Anything to ensure a safe flight for your family. Dvd players and books seem a bit extreme though dont you think? Can't they just check them in security????
Libby, unless things get worse with the terror stuff you don't have to worry about taking the DVD for your boys. I flew home no problem yesterday. Of course, you can't have any liquids or anything and that means lip stick and lip gloss too. I had to put all mine in my checked luggage. It was so fun to see you! Heather
it's always crazy when the kids learn to get out of their cribs, mine never had that oppoutunity since they were in big beds J was about 1.5 just over and M moved in a few weeks ago so she is a month off 1.5 years. Now they get themselves out of bed and I love it!
the blood clots do nothing for me. I HATE cherry! I also hate the getting out of bed thing! Fortunately Brady hasn't figured that one out yet.
one more thing...Angie flew home from my house today and she was allowed a carry on...just no liquids. You should be fine when you go to TX.
Post a Comment