Friday, August 11, 2006

The Anal Parent...reposted

Today is Friday and rainy and drizzly outside. I guess it's a good change to the hot hot sun that we've been seeing lately. One thing I love about Calgary are the seasons that we get to experience here. Winter with snow, Spring with rain and flowers and green grass, Summer with the heat, Fall with the chilly weather and long sleeves and back to Winter again. I love it! It's refreshing to have a bit of bite in the air.This morning was another hard morning for waking up...I just drag myself out of bed every morning because the boys need me to. I remember feeling this way before in my last pregnancies and then wishing to go back to this feeling once the baby came and I was working on NO sleep at all! Partly my own fault since I go to bed so freakin late!So yesterday morning Heather Empey and her kidlets came over for a visit. They're in from Fresno and it was so fun to see them and chat with Heath. And a word about anal mothers out there...we went to McDonald's for lunch and there were some parents there with whiny kids. The kids would go down the slide and every time they came to the bottom would run over and complain to their parents that the other kids wouldn't let them go down the slide. So the parents would say each time "Well find out what kids they are and we'll talk to their parents". Talk about being lead around by your kids! So at one point the mom yelled up the slide for the kids to move so everyone could have a chance to slide down. Of course these were the only kids having problems getting down the slide. So when kids get together things can get frustrating in small spaces (playlands) and I can totally understand how pushing and shoving goes on a little bit inside. Clearly kids don't go up there planning to hit or push another kid, sometimes it happens and they just need a little break from eachother. Well one of their kids came down the slide crying that some kid had pushed him so of course the mother is looking around at all of the mothers in the room waiting to find who's kid it was. They ended up leaving in a huff and puff...and good riddance. I'm sorry but I can't stand parents like that. Give your kids some space to figure things out on their own...you can't be following your kid around 24/7 waiting to see if they'll be mean to someone else. Kids can learn through some experience in my opinion. Anyway Heather...you know what I'm talking about right?Last night Sean and I had a chance to go to dinner and a movie since next month he is in Raymond all month and on call tonight. We ended up going to Earl's (yum) and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". It was funny, not quite what I expected but a cute show. Fun night though!I had a killer headache last night...good thing I had a night mouth guard to wear or my teeth might just be falling out of my mouth this morning! My teeth and jaw are so sore from grinding my teeth all night! Does anyone else have that problem? AHWell as usual my pictures are of Drew in his underwear since he hates wearing clothes at home for some reason! They were being really photogenic for me that day...who knew! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Proud Momma said...

Sorry about all the comments being gone...I had to repost so that the pictures could be bigger...thanks for the comments before all!

Heather said...

Cute Libby, and of course I know exactly what you are talking about. It was great to visit with you and see your adorable boys. I know what you mean with the grinding I do it when I am stressed. Anyway, thanks for letting me come and hang with you! Love, heather

Jeni said...

I like the edit sis - i can see the boys now

Lynne said...

cute pics